On Wednesday, activists and journalists across America rejoiced in a federal judge's ruling that the National Defense Authorization Act is unconstitutional. The judge sided with the plaintiffs when it came to section 1021 of the act, which allows for the military to indefinitely detain Americans at home and abroad without due process. But now Congress is seeking to create a new NDAA. On Friday, the US House of Representatives approved the 2013 NDAA and even shot down an amendment that would cancel the indefinite detention provisions. Carl Mayer, attorney for The Mayer Law Group representing the plaintiffs, joins us for more on the NDAA.
- Paris 8 n’autorise toujours pas le colloque « Israël : un État d’apartheid ? », mais celui-ci aura bien lieu !
- Communiqué de l'Union des Juifs pour la Résistance et l'Entraide (UJRE) contre l'interdiction du Colloque
- Communiqué du Snesup Paris 8 contre l'interdiction du Colloque
- Lettre ouverte de l’Union Juive Française pour la Paix (UJFP) au Président de l’Université de Paris 8
- Lettre de Mireille Fanon-Mendès France au Président de Paris 8
- Communiqué d'Une Autre Voix Juive contre l'interdiction du Colloque
- Le Département Méditerranée/Monde Maghrébin de Paris 8 contre l'interdiction du colloque
- Communiqué d'organisations syndicales, politiques et associatives de Paris 8...
At 4pm on Thursday 12th May at Southwark Crown Court the jury returned and declared Muad%u2019Dib (Anthony John Hill) innocent of attempting to «pervert the course of justice».
The Martyrdom Of Mordechai Vanunu :: www.uruknet.info :: informazione dall'Iraq occupato :: news from occupied Iraq :: - it
The best understanding of a martyr is one who chooses to suffer, to die rather than renounce their principles. A martyr is also one who has given themselves up as a witness. The essence of Christianity is to bear witness to what Jesus was always on about; forgiveness, love, reconciliation and the intrinsic equality of all people.
Within days of the announcement of a record 205 nominations for 2009’s Nobel Peace Prize, [one of several prizes endowed by Swedish industrialist and dynamite inventor Alfred Nobel] perpetual nominee Mordechai Vanunu declined the honor in a letter to the Nobel Peace Prize Committee in Oslo:
I am asking the committee to remove my name from the nominations…I cannot be part of a list of laureates that includes Simon Peres…Peres established and...
Former New Zealand Herald Political cartoonist Malcolm Evans was awarded the Qantas Media Awards 2003 Cartoonist of the Year.
His Palestinian-related work caused controversy and resulted in him leaving the Herald.
In this short film, Evans presents something of the cartoonists craft - and showcases his art along with many of the cartoons about Zionism that the New Zealand Herald refused to publish.